Welcome to the Members’ area
(To change your password, click here )
We hope you like our new website, so let’s show you around
There are several main areas of the website including
- Current Issues where we explain some of the major factors currently affecting the Solent
- News (under the News and Events tab) where we report current news about matters relevant to the Solent
- Events where you can find events organised by SPS and others. For our events, you can book your place and pay by credit card
- Solent Now a page full of useful information about where ships are now (including a live AIS feed); current weather and forecasts; as well as news feeds about marine matters. We think this is a very useful page which you may like to add to your favourites.
- How the Solent works where we describe how the Solent is managed, and who does it. This section contains many links to other organisations so you can find out who they are and what they do
- Resources where we have useful documents, our newsletter archive and past reports and accounts, as well as links to other useful websites and articles.
- About Us where you will find what we do, who we have helped, and who we are
You can let us know what is important to you by using the Contact Us page.
In addition to members day trips, there is a NEW winter programme of lectures at various venues around the Solent. We have to charge for some of these events to cover our costs, but as a member you will benefit from a significant DISCOUNT. To secure this click here to go to the Discount Code page to discover the discount code for each event, or select Discount Codes from the menu on the left
Agendas and Minutes
For our public meetings we will publish agendas and minutes on the appropriate page. Select his from the menu on the left.
Some years ago we started the Solent group on Flickr. It now contains nearly 6000 Solent images.
Solent Protection Society also a presence on both Facebook and Twitter.
Click on the page on the left for more information.
This page, selected from the menu on the left, is only visible to members of the SPS Council