We hope you like our new website, so let’s show you around
There are several main areas of the website including
- Current Issues where we explain some of the major factors currently affecting the Solent
- News (under the News and Events tab) where we report current news about matters relevant to the Solent
- Events where you can find events organised by SPS and others. For our events, you can book your place and pay by credit card
- Solent Now a page full of useful information about where ships are now (including a live AIS feed); current weather and forecasts; as well as news feeds about marine matters. We think this is a very useful page which you may like to add to you favourites.
- How the Solent works where we describe how the Solent is managed, and who does it. This section contains many links to other organisations so you can find out who they are and what they do
- Resources where we have useful documents, our newsletter archive and past reports and accounts, as well as links to other useful websites and articles.
- About Us where you will find what we do, who we have helped, and who we are
You can let us know what is important to you by using the Contact Us page.
In addition to this website, Solent Protection Society has a presence on the following social media
There are nearly 6000 images on the Solent group on flickr. It is free to open your own flickr account, and you can then upload our own photographs of the Solent and add them to our Solent Group. We would love to see your pictures!
We have been using facebook as a news page until this website went live. Its role should evolve into a place where there is more general information about SPS. Until our forum is available, please add your comments on the Solent, SPS and this website to our facebook page.
Please ‘like’ our Facebook page. It helps the search engines, and gives us better stats availability
We keep a careful watch on twitter which is where we source many of stories for our news page. Follow us on twitter and you will be get breaking stories quicker.